Friday, May 9, 2008

My favourite time(s) of the day....

In the morning when Charlie wakes up and I am still in bed I love to lie there and listen to her babble and I sneak peaks at her with my head under the doona. Just the sheer look of delight on her face as she repositions her teddies(2) and dolly and blankets(2) around the cot its as if she hasn’t seen them for a month. She is still in our room and will be forever I think. It’s a big room so (a) she’s not in the way, (b) its warmer in winter, (c) cooler in summer, (d) she sleeps all night 99.9% of the time (7pm to at least 7am+) (e) I need a good nights sleep to function properly and if she wasn’t in our room I would be up and down the stairs all night and finally (f) she likes to sleep there :)

So that’s favourite time #1

Then my next favourite time of the day is morning bottle time when we go down and get her bottle and all the way down the stairs she says bot bot? The ? is there because the way she says it is like shes asking a question, a lot of things she says have that tone. So we get the bot bot and I get my coffee and we go and sit on the couch, well I plop her on the couch while I open the blinds, turn tv on etc. then I go and sit beside her and we have cuddles while she drinks. The other morning I obviously took too long to return to the couch because she was sitting there patting the couch for me to sit saying "Mama set Mama set", so cute I had to sit straight down. No matter how rushed we are in the mornings for whatever reason I always try to fit this part of the day in. Also it allows me to watch my favourite show Jon and Kate plus 8 which is a show about a family that have 2 six year olds and 6 two year olds!!! Can you imagine??? Its on at some ridiculous time in the middle of the night so I IQ it and Charlie likes it too because of the kids in it and it only goes about 20 minutes so perfect for us.

Another favourite time of the day is when she goes for her nap (I never imagined I’d say that!) She just (9 times out of 10) pops off to sleep as soon as I lie her down and then for at least the first 20 minutes I run around like crazy doing all the stuff I cant get done when she is awake and then if I haven’t any paperwork to do I can do what I want for 1.5-2 hours. Occasionally I have had a little nap myself but only do this if I am really tired as it always turns out bad…..the phone rings, someone rings the doorbell or a noise happens in the street that wakes me so I always think why do I bother? Sometimes I go in my scraproom and rearrange stuff LOL Havent scrapped much lately but plan to get back into it big time soon. Today I made about a million cupcakes during her sleep. Why? I felt like it so now I have to think about how I can get rid of them . I love making and decorating them but only really like to eat one then I am over them. Shayne wont eat them and Charlie would probably just have a bite and thats it. Will take some pictures of them later.

The next favourite time is when Charlie wakes from her nap, almost always happy and cheerful and so happy to see me when I go in to get her. I get the best hugs then, the two arms wrapped around my neck kind :) Love it and I close my eyes and wish that it would go on forever but probably about 10 seconds is all I get and then she 's ready to get down......there's playing of toys to do!

This ones a bit cruel to Charlie if we happen to be just passing by but I so love the look on her face when we are in the car and go by our local McDonalds and she gets all excited and points and says “Hunner Hunner” and then when we drive by she tries to look back as long as she can with a wistful look in her eyes. Now maybe I should explain why she does and says this. We, on occasion (maybe 2-3 times a week) meet up with my friend Mel and her little boy Hunter for coffee and a play at McDonalds and we both enjoy it, me the coffee and she the play and of course we both enjoy the company. This doesn’t happen on regular days of the week as Mel works shift work and it depends on her roster but usually we make it a couple of times a week. When we do make it there another favourite moment is when Charlie bursts out the door to the playground and the look of sheer delight on her face if Hunter is already there is magic.

OK so as you can see I have quite a few favourite times in my day but I’m not finished yet!

Bath time :) Not the actual time in the bath as I usually end up soaking wet but the sight of her little bare bottom running naked to the bath just gets me every night. Love it love it love it! I videoed it the other day and Shayne and I watched it over and over, oh we are sappy.

My probably favourite of my favourite times (does that make sense) is when Shayne gets home and Charlie is still up, doesn’t happen every day but a couple of times a week usually. Our dog Digger has a particular bark he uses when he hears Shaynes car coming so when Charlie hears that she gets so excited and runs to the front door saying "Dadda Dadda Dadda?" (again with the questioning tone?) Shayne comes in and he gets that special Daddy smile and sometimes a cuddle but usually she smiles at him and then runs off to bring him his slippers. I have not taught her to do this nor is it something I have ever done LOL so don’t know where this has come from. Probably just she has seen his routine of taking off his shoes and putting on his slippers when he gets home.

At this very moment it is one of my favourite times, well not really, I look forward to it for a bit of me time but miss her like crazy until she gets back. Its Saturday afternoon and Shayne has taken Charlie out shopping (Mother’s Day is tomorrow )but usually he takes her somewhere most Saturday afternoons for an hour or so (usually Bunnings which apparently she loves!). The first 5 minutes I love then I cant wait for her to be back. Today though it has enabled me to type out this long rambling post about my favourite times and now its nearly time for them to be home….cant wait. I get a special Mummy hug soon :)

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

That sounds sooooo cute! All of it:-)
I love my kiddoes naked bottoms!