Thursday, May 8, 2008

First post....couldnt think of a better title.

So this is the very first post in my new blog. I had a blog a few years ago but darned if I can even remember which site I used and it doesnt appear to be stored on my favourites so maybe in a moment of frustration I deleted the thing. It was boring anyway so believe me you arent missing anything.

As the title of the blog suggests my life is good. How can it not be? I have the most adorable 18 month old and an adorable husband (who is ahem not so adorable at the moment with the most disgusting cold or fluey thing) Poor guy had to have not only the flu inject yesterday but also the one for pneumonia as the drugs he takes for his RA are compromising his immune system and he has been sick with one thing or another since Easter. Hopefully this will only last a day or so and then he will be nice and healthy.

Got my hair cut off today and when I say cut off I mean cut off...... a good 30-40cms gone! My usual hairdresser went AWOL so I had to find another and my friend Sandra gave me the number of a mobile hairdresser, Hayley, who was a lovely lovely lady and when I said I want to cut it off she did it almost straight away in case I changed my mind. Its what I needed and although I am still not used to it and get a fright when I pass a mirror I know it will be much easier to manage. I constantly had my hair up because Charlie likes to pull on it so will be nice to leave it down.

I put Charlie to bed for her nap about 15 minutes before Hayley arrived and thought great we should get a few hours before she wakes as she has been sleeping 2.5-3 hours lately..........WRONG.........One hour and 15 minutes she was awake screaming and she never (well hardly ever) wakes crying usually talking (LOL where does she get that from!) I went up and got her and she had her hands in her mouth so maybe so new toothypegs coming. I cant look anymore cos she bites me and it hurts! Anyway I bought her down and she was as quiet as a mouse for about 20 minutes sitting (yes sitting and sitting still) on my lap while Hayley did my foils. Very well behaved. I put her in her playpen while I had the shampoo and cut and I was also impressed with her there, not one protest, just happily played with her collection of phones. The girl is obsessed with them and has quite a collection, probably about 15. I shouldnt really indulge her obsession as anything she has in her hand she pretends is a phone.....spoon, piece of paper, shoe, dolls bottle, piece of cheese etc. She always says HIIIIIIIIII in her sweet little happy voice and then stuff I cant make out and then a nice cheerful BYYYEEEE. Used to always be Dada on the phone but now it is sometimes Nana.

This morning I rugged Charlie up and put her gum boots on and we went out to the front yard. I had to retrieve the bins from yesterday. We were getting them cleaned once a month ($10) which to start with was great they smelled fantastic (I know it sounds funny but it really was a pleasant smell) but the last few times the have smelled gross, they must of changed their cleaning product and I have been meaning to cancel them but kept forgetting. It also used to annoy me because I would forget to put the money out and then before I knew it it would be up to $30 and as I said the smell was gross so yesterday was to be the final day. I wrote a note and everything and put it out with the $10 but they didnt come so will have to remember to put the note out next month. Anyway out we went and she had a lovely time chasing Bella and running around the front yard. I had a wee bit of a struggle to get her inside again and she couldnt understand why we werent going in the car or pram, poor child I really need to make an effort to take her outdoors more just for the sake of it. We always seem to be running off somewhere in a hurry or running back home in a hurry.

Wow this first post has turned into quite a ramble.

Love and hugs
xo

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Love it!!! I want pics of your new hair:-)