Friday, May 23, 2008

I silently wept as she cried....

Oh I did indeed and I am getting teary now just thinking about it.

Yesterday Charlie had an echo cardiogram, not a painful procedure nor a particularly unpleasant procedure for an adult I guess but for a little 18 month old to be held down on the bed and have those little dots put on her and then the ultrasound wand pressed into her chest, stomach and neck for 20 minutes and have the ultrasound gel rubbed into her I guess was very scary. Judging by the amount of crying VERY scary (her crying not mine).

Shayne came with us and I was so proud of him the way he held her and talked to her while it was being done. I stayed at the end of the bed thing just hanging on to first her sock (which I decided to take off as it was hot in there and I then I used it to wipe my silent tears!) and then her sweet little foot. Kind of hard to get three around a small child on a bed against a wall what with all the equipment etc.

Oh she looked so tiny and so so frightened and then when the tears started I just wanted to snatch her up and run and then the horrible pleading "Muuuummmmyyyy" started and that's what got me. Ugh I am so glad its over, it was probably only about 20 minutes but felt like forever. The only time she stopped crying once she started was when she could hear her heart beat on the monitor thing. When Shayne lifted her up when it was over the sheet underneath her head was soaked from her tears.

Anyway its over now and hopefully wont have to be repeated as it was just a precautionary test for her innocent heart murmur. Her Dr wants to make sure he isnt missing anything so for our piece of mind it had to be done. We had to have it done sometime before she turns 2 so glads its over and hopefully was all good.

Its been quite a week in this household for medical appointments what with that and the previous day the trip to Dr Nick which was just a talking session so nothing to report really we will do a medicated FET (frozen embryo transfer) next month so will see how we go. Went to Medicare yesterday with nearly $900 of receipts and thats just from this month! YIKES Good news is we have now reached the safety net!

2 comments:

wheezeybouncer said...

(((((Charlie))))) better not forget (((((Mummeeee)))) better done and dusted with no bad results than waiting till later. and yikes on the reciepts to medicare!

Kirsty said...

Poor little Charlie:-(
I am glad its over, I can't imagine how tough that must have been!