Thursday, June 12, 2008

Little Miss Average

Had Charlie's 18 month MCHN assessment on Tuesday and as the title suggests she is average. Nothing wrong with being average I say. Just about right on the 50th percentile for everything.

WEIGHT: 11.100kg (24lbs 71/2 ozs)
LENGTH: 80.5 cm
HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE: 46.5 cm

She did well with most of the tasks..... picked up some 100's & 1000's, made Mummy a 'cup of tea'..... but was having nothing to do with stacking the blocks, she threw them and I had to climb under the desk to retrieve one, how embarrassing! Gave her a few goes and she eventually stacked 3 on top of each other before knocking them down so she passed. I knew she could do it as she plays with blocks all the time but she just wasn't in the mood at that time. The nurse was saying well we wont be able to pass her blah blah blah and I was thinking so you are going to make me feel like a bad mother are you......I dont think so! Glad I'm an older mother sometimes as I think in my 20's I would be intimidated by someone like that. Sometime children co-operate and sometimes not. Below is a photo of a child not :)



1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Hah! Kids not co operating ROCK! Health nurses can be just plain old mean...we all know that Charli is PERFECT!